Welcome to the waiting room, the doctor will be in shortly.
I am Dr. Madison Muttnick, orthopedic surgeon and amateur detective.
After checking in with my receptionist, please have a seat and stay awhile.
We can talk and make the correct diagnosis to cure your problem.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Life moves on and things change. "Ain't that a bitch." - Madison Muttnick MD

I have been very busy reading two books, Immediate Fiction by Jerry Cleaver and Stein on Writing by Sol Stein. They have absorbed my time like a kid sucking up a thick milk shake through a thin straw. Mmmm vanilla, I am not allowed chocolate because of the caffeine.
My approach to writing has elevated as if I climbed the Rockies. Combined they have given me insight into the craft of writing as if I were a swami with a third eye. Those gurus do sit on top of mountains, don't they?
Because of that, I have re-written the opening of my manuscript. It finally rings true to what I want to say. I hope it sings in your ear about my troubled little Mutty boy.
I have spent over four years working on The Fatal Blow as a murder mystery, but it is also a story about family, reconciliation and hope. It needed to be written in a manner that conveyed those themes while still having the hard edge of my favorites, Chandler and Hammett. I think I am getting as a close as a blood on  a gunshot victim to how I want to tell the tale.
So this weekend I will be posting the first four chapters of The Fatal Blow. I would appreciate feedback via comments or e-mail concerning your interest. Does the story draw your interest? Do I communicate Mutt's needs and wants? Let me know.
I have converted the prologue to chapter one, because I expanded it and things start cooking from sentence five onward. Thanks for bearing with me.

See you in the funny papers.

I leave you with Cab Calloway and Happy Feet because I is dancin'.

Dr. Madison Muttnick aka Themadmutt

Dr. Lewis Preschel his creator. ("What a pompous bastard"- The Mad Mutt)

No comments:

Post a Comment