Welcome to the waiting room, the doctor will be in shortly.
I am Dr. Madison Muttnick, orthopedic surgeon and amateur detective.
After checking in with my receptionist, please have a seat and stay awhile.
We can talk and make the correct diagnosis to cure your problem.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Revised and Improved version of TheMadMutt

I am truly sad to say that the overall feedback about the 1940’s hardboiler’s language on my blog, was that today’s audience doesn’t get it. I had many contemporaries including my writer’s group members say, “Whatsup with dat?” Maybe it’s time to get another writers group with older members. But barring that, I plan to continue this blog with up-to-date language that expresses the same hardboiled attitude. So if you ain’t one for toughness and you want your attitude on a silver plater then don’t drink this strange brew, cause sister it ain’t your cup of tea.

Well, maybe some of that old language lives on with attitude after all. I hope you get what I mean. If not, you know from nothing. 

The next posting will be in about one week. It is the beginning of my actual story. The revised manuscript is easy as pie to read. But as George Carlin said many times, what’s that mean? Easy as pie, well that takes the cake. Anyway, my first several chapters are still cooking so that aroma you’re noticing is the manuscript coming to a boil.

TheMadMutt aka Dr. Lewis Preschel




No comments:

Post a Comment